Hi to all,
I am into web from more then 15 years. Straight on the task, satisfying client has always been a tedious task. This is not because client is not proper or we are missing any sort of technical abilities, but it is human tendency. They want their work to be perfect, they think each of their move (Even a dot on their website) is gonna change their life. Well! on a great level it happens also. But there are always so many other factors effecting their move on online business/websites apart from just that dot on site.
But being a developer and designer I just can't suggest them factors of business other than that the Dot. I have to create a website for them with that special dot to keep in mind. This is all ok till now. But clients are somewhat very unique (Every client is same in this manner).
So What I am writing about... From last so many years I 've struggle to satisfy customer as early as I can (I admit I have no technical issues but clients are not clear at the start and they come to know what they want as and when the site is being developed.) And that’s always my problem. They always wants changes. They keep adding things to websites from every second site they visit in their industry.
and Hey! we got a good process of quotation and workorders etc. but then sudden PR comes in between. The changes required by client are so minute that it cannot be resisted too hard. But these small changes becomes a mess latter on.
So I decided to develop something that should be pretty much fast. Once I achieve my investment vs clients payment criteria I'll be ok to me; no matter how many changes they'll ask.
What I've check already, it does matter.
1) Joomla & Wordpress : Great Applications/CMS and even frameworks to work with. To speed up my application development and use my existing CodeIgniter skills I developed xCIDeveloper (http://xcideveloper.epan.in) that is a component for joomla in which you can write joomla components in CI.
But that was never been my problem. My Problem was always regarding designing requirement, changing of requirements and updates required by clients.
We started using these two CMS as they are good. In Start We tried to find templates on net (Freeware). It was always like matching the another part of a broken pen in a junk yard. Pen is obviously THE client's need.
Usually we were able to CONVINCE the client that what we found is perfect for him. But sudden he got a requirement that CANNOT be continues with current template without touching code, guess what ... search another template ...
Ok, soon it was clear to us that it is not gonna work. We started developing templates. We were in Codes now again. But Designing should be designing not developing or coding. So we were in need of some different tool that can let us do what we want and what our client wants.
We required
After a lot search we found impresspages and microwebber. These two tools inspired me. That's what I was looking for. But hey.. I Don't want templates again.
So I started to develop what I wanted. Not as per technology view but as per my clients view. and here I am with http://www.xepan.org
I Love is because I made it (obviously) but also it saves me a lot of time in updating and changing things very fast.
Let me share you my own experience with xepan. xpena.org site itself is made in xepan. I usually see my site by logging in and in live edit mode. During any time if anything looks I can improve I just type or changes on the fly and press CRTL+S. that's it.
You better see the videos to get what I am talking about. If you are also suffering from such a clients, You better give xEpan a chance. and yes! if you got any problem just don't give up. Ask us. We will be helping you out and yes! taking panic in installing and using xEpan is worthy.
I am into web from more then 15 years. Straight on the task, satisfying client has always been a tedious task. This is not because client is not proper or we are missing any sort of technical abilities, but it is human tendency. They want their work to be perfect, they think each of their move (Even a dot on their website) is gonna change their life. Well! on a great level it happens also. But there are always so many other factors effecting their move on online business/websites apart from just that dot on site.
But being a developer and designer I just can't suggest them factors of business other than that the Dot. I have to create a website for them with that special dot to keep in mind. This is all ok till now. But clients are somewhat very unique (Every client is same in this manner).
So What I am writing about... From last so many years I 've struggle to satisfy customer as early as I can (I admit I have no technical issues but clients are not clear at the start and they come to know what they want as and when the site is being developed.) And that’s always my problem. They always wants changes. They keep adding things to websites from every second site they visit in their industry.
and Hey! we got a good process of quotation and workorders etc. but then sudden PR comes in between. The changes required by client are so minute that it cannot be resisted too hard. But these small changes becomes a mess latter on.
So I decided to develop something that should be pretty much fast. Once I achieve my investment vs clients payment criteria I'll be ok to me; no matter how many changes they'll ask.
What I've check already, it does matter.
1) Joomla & Wordpress : Great Applications/CMS and even frameworks to work with. To speed up my application development and use my existing CodeIgniter skills I developed xCIDeveloper (http://xcideveloper.epan.in) that is a component for joomla in which you can write joomla components in CI.
But that was never been my problem. My Problem was always regarding designing requirement, changing of requirements and updates required by clients.
We started using these two CMS as they are good. In Start We tried to find templates on net (Freeware). It was always like matching the another part of a broken pen in a junk yard. Pen is obviously THE client's need.
Usually we were able to CONVINCE the client that what we found is perfect for him. But sudden he got a requirement that CANNOT be continues with current template without touching code, guess what ... search another template ...
Ok, soon it was clear to us that it is not gonna work. We started developing templates. We were in Codes now again. But Designing should be designing not developing or coding. So we were in need of some different tool that can let us do what we want and what our client wants.
We required
- Tool that should be more then WYSIWYG
- That should not restrict us, Coding should be an easy option (At least HTML and CSS)
- Should be responsive by default.
- And a lot more things (We are now THE client for our-self, who even does not know what he exactly he wants, what features should be there and a lot, and that leads to us to look into client more closely. )
After a lot search we found impresspages and microwebber. These two tools inspired me. That's what I was looking for. But hey.. I Don't want templates again.
So I started to develop what I wanted. Not as per technology view but as per my clients view. and here I am with http://www.xepan.org
I Love is because I made it (obviously) but also it saves me a lot of time in updating and changing things very fast.
Let me share you my own experience with xepan. xpena.org site itself is made in xepan. I usually see my site by logging in and in live edit mode. During any time if anything looks I can improve I just type or changes on the fly and press CRTL+S. that's it.
You better see the videos to get what I am talking about. If you are also suffering from such a clients, You better give xEpan a chance. and yes! if you got any problem just don't give up. Ask us. We will be helping you out and yes! taking panic in installing and using xEpan is worthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment